Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing #6: RSS and Newsreaders

I love that RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication"....because it does exactly that....makes things really simple! When it comes to following news, blogs etc. that is. Wow! Have I said that yet enough on this blog??? Checking out Bloglines has consumed my afternoon (in a good way!!) I keep exploring and exploring and exploring!!

Wow! That was easy to set up! I found some of the websites I love to keep up on the news (i.e. Apple's latest announcement that all Iphone 4 users will be receiving a free case!) or finding a few of my friends/co-workers blogs which I was able to put in their own folder on my blogline account for easy access, or even a great place to find some recipes.

Without a doubt in my personal life, this makes it much easier to check in on friends blogs or my favorite websites that offer a newsfeed! At work, I could easily have one of my folders set up for feeds to curriculum and technology sites or blogs! That would keep me up to date at the touch of a button instead of searching every time through a number of places. A great way for libraries to use this would be keeping up with feeds of new book releases, author updates, etc. ! This is such a great tool!

If you want to check out what I am following...click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment