Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #4: Flickr


Confession time: Yes, I have heard of Flickr. No, I had not even investigated it before this assignment. And come to find out...that was my loss. My original assumption had been that Flickr was the same at Snapshot, Kodak or some other photo sites. I am so thankful I spent some time on Flickr!! Wow!! Walking through the Flickr Tour gave me a much better appreciation of all that this site has to offer. So yes...I now have an account!
It is similar to sharing photos on facebook with the tags of people but the organizational possibilities beyond that are amazing. Organizing them into sets, then into collections....and being able to determine who can view what! I love this! I enjoyed touring some of the galleries (Okay this Sign Gallery brought a few giggles). And I want to play more with the Noticing App.

Since I am obsessed with South Carolina, especially Charleston, I decided to search and see what pics could find from there. I think one of the things I love about South Carolina is the American history you see everywhere you turn. This is just one pic that I chose from FLICKR that shows the history of this place! I chose it by clicking "Blog This" on Flickr!! So easy!!
Confederate Memorial, Charleston, South Carolina
Originally uploaded by hanneorla


1 comments:

Dr. Wilson said...

I love that you included a picture from flickr. Great job!

Post a Comment