Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #5: Mashups

Seriously, I am having way too much fun. This could easily get addiciting!

A few of my favorite mashup applications so far:
PhotoBible, Wildflowerizer, AlphaLearner, and IMapFlickr...

AlphaLearner especially intrigues me as it puts learning the alphabet with real world images at the fingertips of a child. Not only can the child associate a letter with a word beginning with that letter, but given a number of images to look at as well. Takes the learning of the alphabet far beyond the the classroom, a book, or just a letter, but directly to the real world.

2 comments:

Dr. Wilson said...

I have never looked at the PhotoBible site. Great source for inspiration:)

Christina said...

Ranelle-
Love the AlphaLearner mashup! So neat... I may use this with my pre-k kids this year!
Thanks!

Post a Comment