Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #14: Podcasting

I thought I would check both podcast directories listed, Podcastalley and PodcastDirectory. On PodcastAlley, I searched through the Top Ten List for July and the featured and newest podcast but did not really see anything that interested me. So then I decided to use the Search feature and was able to choose the genre "Education." So many results came up it was overwhelming so I decided to search for a podcast and used the terms "educational technology." I found some great sites on using technology in the classroom, some resources to help educators, through this search and added them to my BlogLines account, organizing it by putting them in their own "Education" folder.

Then on the other podcast listings, the term "education" was listed right on the front page! I clicked on that and a long list of sub categories.  To narrow my search, I chose "Educational Technology"  After finding a few options to add, I realized I had to log in on this site in order to add the ones I was choosing.  My initial reaction honestly...."Not another log in to remember"....but as soon as I clicked log in I discovered you just logged on with your google account.  This allows for each one I choose to go directly to my bloglines.  So I now have a few more things to listen to!!!

As to becoming a podcaster....I have dabbled with this in the past, specifically by using GarageBand, but this is definitely something I want to spend more time working on!  I could not believe HOW many podcasts were out there when I explored those directories.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment